RHINOPLASTY IN TURKEY: PROCESS, EXPERIENCE, AND COST
Welcome to our complete guide on getting rhinoplasty surgery in Turkey. In recent years, Turkey has become a popular spot for patients from all over the world who want to get rhinoplasty surgery to improve their appearance and the function of their noses. As there is a high demand for this procedure, we prepared this guide for people who are seeking more information on getting this procedure in Turkey. When you are done reading this guide you’ll know everything there is to know about;
- If Turkey is the right place for you to get a rhinoplasty,
- The steps you need to follow to get the surgery,
- How to choose the right surgeon and the clinic for you,
- The cost of the procedure & how it compares to other countries.
What do you need to know before getting rhinoplasty in Turkey?
Before you consider getting rhinoplasty in Turkey, let’s go over some things that’ll determine if you’ll be choosing the right time and the right place for this operation. Some international patients might be too eager to get the operation done as soon as possible, without weighing the pros and the cons. We want to walk you through some steps so you can determine if Turkey is the right place for you to get a nose job.
One of the factors that make health tourism in Turkey safer compared to other countries, is the strict regulations in the healthcare system. For an international patient who wants to get a nose job in turkey, the requirements are as follows;
- Age: For a rhinoplasty, a female should be older than 16 and a male should be older than 18 years old.
- Health: The patient has to be in full physical and mental health to undergo a rhinoplasty procedure. People with chronic health issues are not possible candidates for nose surgery.
- Smoking: Patients should not smoke or are willing to stop smoking 2 weeks before the surgery, and avoid it until 3 months post-operation. Smoking decreases the oxygen levels in the blood, which can lead to slow healing, and even tissue death in some cases.
You’ll be getting a nose job in a place you’ll have to travel for, which means you’ll be taking time off from work and other duties. For rhinoplasty surgeries, patients can go back to work in 2 weeks’ time at the latest. So, make sure that your travel plans are within your schedule, and can be managed.
Surely, one of the most important reasons why people choose Turkey as their destination for healthcare services is how affordable it is. While the prices in Turkey are 4-5 times cheaper compared to the United States, the United Kingdom, and Europe, there will be some things you’ll be paying out of pocket for. So, make sure that you have budgeted for plane tickets, additional expenses like street food, and the time you’ll be taking off from work.
As each person has specific facial features, a certain nose shape might not match the overall balance of the face and therefore not the best option for them. You might have a certain nose shape in mind, but during the consultation, there is a chance that your doctor might not want to go with the shape you want, because it would compromise the health of the nose, or might not harmonize with the rest of your features. So be prepared to get an expert opinion on your nose, because it might not always be what you want.
Is Turkey a good place to get a rhinoplasty?
Since you’re reading our guide, there’s a pretty good chance that you’re thinking of getting rhinoplasty surgery in Turkey, and you’re probably wondering if it’s a good idea. The answer to your question is YES. we would like to explain why this is so.
For the past few decades, Turkey has had a fast and remarkable growth in cosmetic surgery, which established its place among the top 5 countries when it comes to rhinoplasty. The success rate for rhinoplasty in Turkey is more than 98%(1)
The Ministry of Health has been supporting medical tourism efforts through financial aid for both public and private health sectors. Health tourism agencies, clinics, and hospitals are given special licenses and budgets, which help raise the hospitals’ and clinics’ standards, obtaining the newest medical equipment. This leads to pleasing results with exceptional prices.
Is it safe to travel to Turkey for a rhinoplasty?
YES. Turkey has a highly revered public healthcare system, and a booming private healthcare sector. Because of the socialized healthcare in Turkey, there are strict regulations in place that apply to both Turkish citizens, and to international patients. This ensures the safety of the patients, first and foremost, and prevents unnecessary surgeries that can be harmful from taking place.
Another way of ensuring your safety is checking if your service provider is trustworthy. If you want to know if the health tourism agency you found is trustworthy or not, besides their reviews, check if they have a TURSAB license. Having a TURSAB license means that the agency is registered, and is evaluated and inspected by the state on a regular basis. Agencies without a TURSAB license are not qualified to serve foreign patients, and they should be avoided.
4 Reasons Why People Get Rhinoplasty in Turkey
So why do people choose Turkey to get their medical operations, especially plastic surgery? Let’s go over some reasons that contribute to why Turkey is among the top 5 countries for plastic surgery procedures.
- Affordability: In addition to offering outstanding services, rhinoplasty costs in Turkey are extremely affordable compared to the US or the UK. Undergoing rhinoplasty in Turkey makes it possible to save a lot of money while getting the same quality service in other countries.
- First-class Care: Turkish clinics and hospitals provide patients with top-notch technologies, and the best care before, during, and after the procedure. The surgeries are carried out in fully equipped facilities, where immediate attention is available in case of an emergency. During the process, you’ll be attended to by friendly doctors, nurses, and translators who are eager to help you.
- Expert Doctors: Due to their many encounters with patients from every corner of the world, Turkish rhinoplasty surgeons have a deep understanding of what the patients want. Surgeons in Turkey perform a higher number of surgeries in a specific period compared to their colleagues in the U.S. or the U.K. which makes them highly skilled in the field and in high demand.
- A memorable trip: Aside from being one of the best countries for rhinoplasty surgery, Turkey is a great place to visit. With many historical places, fabulous gastronomy, and mesmerizing nature we can guarantee a pleasant and memorable experience.
Types of Rhinoplasty Available in Turkey
Rhinoplasty is a complex surgery with many techniques, types, and approaches. Over the years, new techniques were developed, and new specialties emerged in the field. Because Turkish doctors are in high demand both by local and international patients and have a large volume of patients they take care of, they’ve been on top of innovations and trends in the plastic surgery world. Let’s look at the most common types of rhinoplasty surgeries that are performed :
- Open rhinoplasty and closed rhinoplasty are more of a technique than a type of rhinoplasty. In Turkey, most doctors can use both techniques, but they’ll usually prefer one of them in their practice.
- Primary Rhinoplasty is just a regular rhinoplasty, and it’s the 2nd most performed plastic surgery in Turkey(2).
- Revision Rhinoplasty requires more experience and precision than primary rhinoplasty. Thankfully there are many doctors in Turkey who specialize in revisions, correction, and grafts.
- Ethnic Rhinoplastyrequires that the doctor understands different facial characteristics, proportions, nose structure, and skin types of different ethnicities. As Turkey is a hub of medical tourism, a lot of doctors have experience in operating on and catering to the unique needs of ethnic rhinoplasty patients.
- Septorhinoplasty is one of the most popular combination surgeries, which corrects both the functionality and the appearance of the nose. Turkish doctors are highly familiar with this type of surgery.
- Non-Surgical / Liquid Rhinoplasty is a relatively new technique where the dermal filler is used to enhance the nose, which most Turkish doctors can perform easily in a clinic setting.
Other Treatments You Can Have With Rhinoplasty
It’s possible to perform additional surgeries at the same time as rhinoplasty. A lot of our patients prefer to get simultaneous surgeries, because they have to go under anesthesia once, and they won’t have to go through the recovery process again. However, not all procedures are possible to perform; if the time under anesthesia is too long, or if the recovery process can be long and risky we won’t be performing the additional surgeries. Some of the other procedures we can safely perform in conjunction with rhinoplasty are as follows:
- Buccal fat removal
- Chin Augmentation
- Breast Augmentation
- Arm / Thigh Lift
If you’re interested in getting an additional procedure done at the same time as rhinoplasty, you can check our article on rhinoplasty packages in Turkey where we talk about the subject in detail, or directly contact us.
Getting Rhinoplasty in Turkey
Now that you have a general idea of getting a nose job in Turkey, you probably know if it’s the right fit for you or not. Now, it’s time to take a look at how you can turn that decision into reality in just a few steps. The first step in your journey is to find a doctor whose work calls out to you and book a consultation with them. Most international patients work with an agency that can take care of all their needs, which makes the process extremely easy. This way, patients don’t have to spend a lot of time planning their travel, booking accommodations, transfers, etc. All they have to do is fly to Turkey, and go through surgery. About 7-10 days after surgery patients can go back and continue their recovery.
Choosing the Best Rhinoplasty Surgeon in Turkey
Choosing the best rhinoplasty surgeon in Turkey is a crucial step in your rhinoplasty journey. It’s important that you’ll find a surgeon who is experienced and trustworthy but also specializes in the type of procedure you want, or provides the kind of results you expect. Let’s look at how you can find the best surgeon for you.
- Reviews: One of the best ways to evaluate a doctor’s work is to read the reviews and comments of actual patients on the surgeon’s website and social media. People share their experiences and you can check which surgeons have the highest satisfaction rates.
- Before & After Pictures: Before and after pictures that surgeons share on their websites or social media accounts help people outside Turkey see the real results. People can go through photos to find other patients with the same nose shape as their own and see actual post-op results. This way they can decide on their preferred nose job surgeon in İstanbul to get their desired result.
- Clinic & Facility: The hospital or clinic in İstanbul where the surgeon performs the procedure should be also taken into consideration. Using facilities with the latest technology, a comforting atmosphere, well-trained health care members, and a clean environment all make a perfect place to get a rhinoplasty. Make sure that the surgery is conducted in a fully equipped hospital that has an ICU unit, Radiology, and other key departments so that in case of an emergency, resources are available.
Which doctors are certified to perform rhinoplasty in Turkey?
In Turkey, three types of surgeons are certified to perform rhinoplasty surgery. The first option is choosing an ENT specialist. ENT specialists are the most familiar with nasal and facial anatomy and can perform rhinoplasty surgeries flawlessly. The second type of doctor is a board-certified plastic surgeon, which is qualified to perform all kinds of plastic surgeries besides rhinoplasty, but they may not be as familiar with facial anatomy to produce results that consider the health of the nose. The third option is a maxillofacial surgeon; they specialize in head, neck, jaw, and teeth operations. In Turkey, they must be board certified to perform a rhinoplasty.
For more information on which type of surgeon is better at fixing certain problems, you can read our article where we compare the advantages and disadvantages of having your rhinoplasty performed by and ENT or plastic surgeon.
How can I book a rhinoplasty consultation?
After choosing your surgeon, or medical service provider, your next step is to book a consultation. With Arpanu Medical, booking a consultation is extremely easy and quick. You can fill out a contact form, or reach out to us on WhatsApp, and one of our medical consultants will reach out to you, speaking your native language. They’ll listen to your requirements and desires about the procedure; the type of nose you have, the type of nose you want, and aspects you want to correct. They’ll answer all the questions you have regarding the treatment and the travel process. They’ll also ask for your medical history, including previous surgeries, medications you’re on, and any previous medical conditions. Together, you will decide on a date, make travel plans and come up with a treatment plan.
What documents do I need to visit Turkey?
Depending on where you’re from the documents you’ll need will be different. Your medical consultant will inform you on which documents you need to travel, and what other documents you need to bring during the consultation process.
How many days do I need to stay in Turkey?
Your stay in İstanbul for rhinoplasty will last about 10 days. On the day of your arrival, you will be transferred to a 4-star hotel to rest. On the 2nd day, you will have a consultation with your doctor and the necessary pre-op tests will be performed. After the tests, you will go into surgery the same day. After the operation, you stay the night at the hospital for further monitoring and care, and you will be discharged the next day. You will visit your surgeon for a post-op check-up and cast removal on the 7th day after the nose job. On the 10th day, you will be ready to fly back home.
How long am I going to stay in the hospital after the surgery?
After the surgery, you will spend 1 night at the hospital under observation. Generally, this is to make sure the patients won’t be having any complications after anesthesia. You will be discharged from the hospital to your hotel the day after. During your stay in the hospital, a family member or friend can accompany you.
When can I go back home?
Typically one week after surgery, the doctor will remove the cast. After the nasal cast is removed you can return to your country and spend the rest of your recovery process at home.
Can I fly after getting a rhinoplasty?
It’s safe to travel back home 7-10 days after the operation. Patients should wait until the initial post-op swelling is decreased which usually takes up to 10 days because pressure changes during the flight affect the swelling for worse. Other than the swelling part, it’s generally safe to get on a plane after a rhinoplasty.
Cost of Rhinoplasty in Turkey
As in other countries, the total cost of rhinoplasty surgery in Turkey is determined by many aspects. It is no secret that one of the most common reasons why Turkey is chosen by patients is the affordable price for high-quality medical care. While rhinoplasty is extremely affordable in Turkey, let’s look at some aspects that can affect the price from clinic to clinic:
- The type of rhinoplasty and surgical techniques: The price of the operation can vary based on the type of rhinoplasty surgery, whether it’s performed by an open or a closed approach, if it’s surgical or nonsurgical, whether a cartilage graft is needed or not.
- Doctor’s experience and training: The personal experience and expertise of the doctor will also show in the price.
- Facilities & Equipment: Some doctors might choose to operate in a clinic or a health center which are not always the best equipped with the latest technologies, and devices, and might prove to be insufficient in case of emergencies. Or they can choose to perform their surgeries in fully equipped, state-of-the-art hospitals that can handle any and all complications.
How much is rhinoplasty in Turkey?
Now, let’s look at one of the primary reasons why Turkey is such a popular destination; the cost. Turkey is one of the most affordable countries to get a nose job or any kind of plastic surgery. Most patients coming to Turkey travel from the USA, the UK, and Europe. And with the prices, it’s easy to see why that is so.
For the price ranges below, the price ranges for Turkey and European countries such as the Czech Republic, Poland, and Lithuania were based on package prices, which usually include all aspects like accommodation, transfer, medications, surgery, anesthesia, hospital, etc.
The prices for the USA, and the UK were based on surgery prices, which do not include anesthesia, hospital stay, medications, etc; just the cost of the surgery.
|Price in Turkey||Price in the USA||Price in the UK||Price in Europe|
As you can see, getting the procedure in Turkey proves to be highly cost-effective compared to other countries. By choosing Turkey as your destination you can save up to 75%, if not more, on getting your nose done.
Why is rhinoplasty so affordable in Turkey?
The budget-friendly prices of cosmetic procedures are undoubtedly one of the primary reasons people choose to travel to Turkey for a nose job. Several factors contribute to the low cost of surgery in Turkey without compromising the quality of the services:
- Turkish currency rate: The exchange rate of the Turkish Lira compared to the Dollar, Euro, or Pound results in less expensive medical procedures with the same level of expertise and quality. The average cost of rhinoplasty in Turkey is at least two times cheaper compared to the UK and the US. The costs of living in Turkey are also cheaper, and for this reason, tourists can enjoy over-the-top services and experiences at affordable prices.
- Competition among providers: Medical tourism industry is growing in Turkey and in recent years it has become one of the top centers for rhinoplasty in the world. Companies across Turkey compete with each other for higher patient inflow and higher success rates, therefore they try to maintain the expenses at reasonable prices. On the other hand, the Turkish government helps health tourism through financial support and by providing companies with reasonable prices and tariffs.
- All-inclusive packages: Most medical tourism agencies in Turkey offer all-inclusive packages for their services. These packages make the rhinoplasty journey much cheaper and more convenient, as the providers consider every single detail into consideration. Getting a package deal will always be more affordable than trying to come up with travel and accommodation plans and booking them by yourself separately.
Do you offer an all-inclusive rhinoplasty package?
Yes, at Arpanu Medical we are happy to provide our patients with all-inclusive packages that will take care of all their needs during their stay. We take care of everything for you, so the only thing you have to do is fly to İstanbul, Turkey and enjoy your trip, all the while you’re getting the nose you’ve dreamed of. Our baseline rhinoplasty package includes:
- Stay at a 4-star hotel, with the patient experience team
- VIP transportation between the airport, hotel, and clinic.
- Pre-op consultation and lab tests
- FREE Septoplasty (If needed)
- One night stay at the hospital with one companion
- Post-op care and check-ups, including cast removal
- Personal Assistant / Translator
- Fit-to-fly report for the airport
If you’re interested in getting an all-inclusive rhinoplasty package in Turkey, you can check out our post on all-inclusive rhinoplasty packages in Turkey and get more information on what’s included in the package, the kind of benefits it provides for patients, and costs.
Are there any hidden costs?
No, there won’t be any hidden costs with this package. Still, the patient will be responsible for plane tickets or food expenses they want to make that are not included in the package above.
In cases of medical emergencies, which are extremely rare for a relatively simple surgery such as rhinoplasty, we will ask the patient if they’d like to get the emergency care they need and pay for it. Everything is done with the explicit consent of our patients, and there won’t be any additional or hidden costs unless they are on board.,
If you would like to add additional services to your treatment, such as city-wide VIP transportation, sightseeing tours, or luxury hammam spa services, you can get price listings from our consultants. These services are not included in the all-inclusive package and come with additional fees.
How can I pay for rhinoplasty in Turkey?
Of course, as most clinics want to provide an easy time for their patients during their surgery and stay, they also want to provide patients with easy payment methods. The payment methods will change from clinic to clinic, and not every clinic will accept the forms of payment mentioned below. Before you decide to go with the clinic of your choice, make sure you discuss the payment method with your consultant beforehand.
- Cash: You can make a cash payment in Euros, Dollars, or Pounds once you arrive in Turkey.
- Credit: If you’re worried about carrying too much cash with you, you have the option to make the payment with your credit card.
- Online Payment: You can also make an online payment either as a direct deposit or via debit or credit card.
- Financing: Financing is an option provided by some clinics, but in order to finance payments in Turkey, patients would need to have a bank account in a Turkish bank, and the bank must approve the financing option. Most patients prefer to avoid this option to not deal with banks, and they find the cost of the experience to be affordable enough to not use a financing option.
Congratulations! You’ve reached the end of our guide on rhinoplasty in Turkey! We know that a lot of people do not end up getting the surgery they desire because they think the treatment is too expensive, or simply because they could not find the information they need to proceed with the treatment. We hope that we were able to answer all the questions you could have about getting a nose job in Turkey. Let’s quickly go over some key points:
- Turkey is in the top 5 best destinations for people who are looking to get a nose job because of the expert doctors, safety measures, and unique experience it can offer.
- To ensure your safety and comfort, you must do your research well and only work with service providers that are licensed and can take care of your every need so you don’t have to deal with the stress of arranging everything yourself.
- The affordable prices in Turkey are due to specific circumstances surrounding Turkey, and these affordable prices do not result in a less quality service. In fact, You can get an excellent travel opportunity on top of the surgery.
- Make sure you discuss what’s included in the package, and payment methods with your service provider in advance to avoid any surprises. Even though Turkey is highly affordable, make sure you’re budgeting for any extra activities you might want to participate in.
If you couldn’t find the answers to the questions you were looking for and want more information, or want to get a nose job in Turkey, you can get in touch with us for a free consultation. One of our medical consultants who speaks your native language will reach out to you in no time. You can discuss the questions on your mind, get a quotation, talk about additional services, come up with a treatment plan, and book your appointment in no time.
We wish that you’ll have the most amazing experience in and will go back home safe, and happy with your results.
See you soon in Turkey!